Monday, February 2, 2009

Oh Beautiful Day!

What a glorious weekend we had here in the deep south. It's hard to believe it's Feb. here! We are heading into "a cold snap" as we call it here in the south. If it's gets below freezing southerners go into hibernation! Well, with the cold weather coming and me being home from work with 2 sick little ones- I thought what a better time for a warm cookie recipe. You know this being at home with my little ones when they are sick is not something I am use to. I'm supposed to be at work taking care of everyone elses sick little ones. It is nice to still be needed on the homefront every now and then-just wish everyone felt better. Anyway, I first came up with this recipe on thanksgiving weekend 2008. I sent my son to the grocery store for the ingredients when he called and said he could not find any dried peaches-which is what I wanted for the fruit. He said-how about dried blueberries and I thought-you know I bet that would be good! They turned out great. My husband said they were possibly the best cookie he had ever eaten. If you know my husband you know that's a great compliment. Anyway, be sure not to overbake these. They are a great alternative to chocolate chip cookies-and by the way if you notice typing errors-it's because the dog is asleep on my arm and I don't have the heart to move him!

No comments:

Post a Comment