Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Greetings from the deep south!

As I was rushing from the office today after seeing what seemed to be a million kids lying on exam tables like limp dishrags (that's southern for the looked very sick!), I was thinking-what will I write about today? As I pulled into my youngest daughter's school, I thought-that's it-I will write about what I know best-my kids. Let me start by making a very true statement-If I died today they wouldn't starve to death!! My kids are 7,10 and 20. I know what you are thinking-why the long break. Well, I will tell ya why-The Medical College of Georgia-that's why. Had to finish school between #1 and #2. Having said that, I must say that one of the things I guess I am the most grateful for is that ALL 3 of my kids are great cooks. They are GREAT cooks-not GREAT cleaners. When I come home from a long day at the office I am amazed sometimes at the dishes they come up with and have cooked in my kitchen. I am talking without recipes and I mean even the 7 year old! When my son graduated from high school I gave him one of the best gifts I think a mom could give a child. I wrote a cookbook for him-not a publically published one-but a handmade one filled with my moms, my mother-in-law, and my recipes. We even included history on each recipe like when it was developed, by whom it was developed and what family events they were typically served at. All of this was written in our handwriting. I even drew all the pen and ink drawings in it. I hope it is one of his most prized possessions. Anyway-enjoy my latest recipe. it is very simple but even at the most elegant dinner can make a big impression!

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a treasure that cookbook must be! I love your drawings and you always seem to have great recipes! I cannot believe ALL of your kids cook! That's wonderful!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. These on my page aren't my drawings but thanks for the compliment on the recipes.

    ReplyDelete