Sunday, January 24, 2010

Haiti update

My brother in law returned from Haiti yesterday following this stay there with a search and rescue team. They found 135 kids alive at the orphanage. He said it was worse than anything he could imagine. He told a story of seeing a young child at a clinic that had his leg crushed up to his hip. He said he was crying and when they asked what he needed, he said he was hungry. They went back to their bags and got whatever they could for him. This is truly heart breaking. Anyway, I was hoping to be able to go to Haiti. We have decided instead to go to the Dominican and work there where the people from Haiti are being brought in. We will be leaving on the 31st. Pictures will follow when I get back. Please pray for our team that God will continue to lead,guide and direct us. Pray that he works through my hands and receives all the glory. It's going to be a busy week getting all the supplies ready but I have never felt such a strong calling and can't wait. Maybe this is why I have done pediatrics and Emergency medicine for the past 15 years. Strange combination but now I am prepared to treat both adults and children. Will update you as soon as I can!

9 comments:

  1. Praying hard for you~ God speed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be in our prayers dear heart..God Bless you and your work. God bless the people of Haiti!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trez you are such a wonderful person sweet frind. I am crying tears of joy for your kindness and generous spirit. May you touch many and help all you encounter.

    Please be safe and God bless you! ~Melissa :)

    PS My hubby's USMC squadron is in Haiti now.
    They are a wonderful and brave group of Marines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May GOD be with you. Thank you for doing what you are doing. Stay safe.

    Hugs
    'D'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Safe journey! You are a brave and good soul to go to Haiti to help! Cheers to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. God bless you in this work and safe trip!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Treasure you are a Treasure. I will keep you in my prayers and next to my heart. Please remember that Brit and I are here if Richard needs anything. We would love to help with the Girls. Go with God. Dottie

    ReplyDelete