Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Whew What a year!!


Well, What a year!! I am glad to see it go. This has been a tough one. My dad was diagnosed with lung cancer and had part of his lung removed. The cancer hopefully is all gone and he came through it like a trooper!!
My father-in-law has been diagnosed with myleofibrosis and has developed numerous complication form this and isn't doing well. He has gone from being a loud, bousterous, jolly man to a shell of himself. I hope next year is better for him whether he gets better or the good Lord calls him home to a much better place but either was gives my mother-in -law peace to handle it all.
My husband and I have had several of the hardest years of our 21+ year marriage but I pray we are on the right track. My dream is to grow old with him and enjoy many years playing with grandkids and creating our own family heirloom memories.
My husband and his father have been distant for many years. We visited with them over the Christmas holidays and I can see that he and the children miss him and their relationship immensly so I pray it con'tinues for my family's sake.
Well folks! Lets wave goodbye to 2009 and ring in 2010 with faith and hope of a new year!

4 comments:

  1. Dear Trez, I hope that your life situations will improve in whatever way is best for all. I am sorry for not visiting much lately- afraid this head injury thing has had me whipped and I have just been lax in blogging but a few short posts. Let's just hope for the best for all of us and put our trust in a higher power.
    ~ Sue
    p.s. happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trez,


    Isn't it nice that we get a new start with a new year. Hoping you and your family have and happy and healthy New Year!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiest New Year to You!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read an article that began, "If 2009 was about focusing on what we lost, 2010 is about focusing on what we have....." Gosh, I need that as well!!! I hope and pray that 2010 brings you much joy, peace and happiness.

    My DH and I celebrated 21 years together in December of 2009, also. Where have the years gone?

    ReplyDelete