Monday, November 23, 2009

The Blind side hits home




I usually don't comment on movies but when one touches you so closely maybe you should share! This is the best movie that I have seen in a long time and I highly recommend it. My godson who I love as my own plays football for The Georgia Bulldogs and this story hits so close to home with me. He is black and we are a white family but with him we don't see color-he is just a part of our family like my other children. Yes I use to get stares and comments behind my back but have gotten completely use to them. We still get funny stares when he comes home from college and goes to eat lunch with his "little sister" who is blond haired and blue eyed but for the most part people are getting use to it. I wouldn't care if they didn't because I love him and he loves us! How great would this world be if everyone could love someone of the other race as much as we love him!

7 comments:

  1. We need more people like you and Leigh Ann. Go Dawgs except when they play the Big Orange. So sorry ya'll lost your sweet mascot.
    Happy Thanksgiving and Twirls

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet story. I've heard great things about this movie and now I know that it's a must see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet story. I can't wait to see the movie. I might have to go this weekend. :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trez, Am visiting some of my followers today and wanted to stop in and say hi. I want to see this movie real soon. Am waiting for my crazy concussion to clear up a little more, though. I still get dizzy and a little wobbly after a little over 3 weeks. When will it ever go away?! Soon I hope, I want to have a fun Christmas.
    I read through your older posts and saw that you want to start attracting followers. One thing that will really help is for you to comment at every blog you follow. Then you can plug you give-away once those girls start seeing your name in their comments. If you continue to comment, they will get to know you, possibly follow, then link your give-away on their blogs. It's a little give and take game. LOL
    So, do you comment much? I've never seen your name on any of my posts. . When I first started blogging in the spring, that was the advice a more experienced blogger gave me, and it has paid off. I always try to visit everyone who visits me and leaves a comment. I have made so many friends out here in blogland!! So get going, girl. I know you work, but make this your hobby and get out and meet and greet! *grin*
    ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Trez,
    I’ve lived in a society where I was the minority, so have a unique perspective on what you are saying. Thanks for the movie tip, it looks interesting. Give your godson an extra hug for me.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will do!! He is a special kid to us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all loved the movie too....good make you feel good movie! Hold your head up high (which I know you already do) and say "That's my boy"!! Your home looks lovely for the holiday season. Thanks for stopping by!

    Blessings~
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete